- Elena V. Haltrin-Khalturina
- A.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- A new complex study “Russian Estate and Europe: diachrony, nostalgia, universalism”
- Haltrin-Khalturina E.V. A New Complex Study “Russian Estate and Europe: Diachrony, Nostalgia, Universalism”. Vestnik of Kostroma State University, 2020, vol. 26, № 3, pp. 221-223 (In Russ.). DOI https://doi.org/10.34216/1998-0817-2020-26-3-221-223
- Publish date:
This is a review of a scholarly edition focusing on the Russian manor-house topos and published by IMLI RAS as part of the book series "Russian estate in the world context". The review discusses the structure of the collective monograph, comments on the wide scope of the covered material, as well as on the cutting-edge research strategies employed here, which might command interest of the wide readership, since they are prompted by the Russian and comparative studies, literary and cultural studies, folklore studies and intellectual history. The reviewer highlights some uncommon and keen observations made by the contributors to the monograph and offers a short list of country houses and stately homes worthy of further consideration in the same scholarly light.
the Russian manor house, summerhouses of the Russian émigrés, European manors, the “vacation home / dacha” topos, world culture, literary embodiments.
- Literature list:
Русская усадьба и Европа: диахрония, ностальгия, универсализм: Коллективная монография / Сост., отв. ред. и автор предисл. О.А. Богданова. М.: ИМЛИ РАН, 2020. 352 с. (Серия «Русская усадьба в мировом контексте». Вып. 2). DOI: 10.22455/978-5-9208-0623-9.
- Elena V. Haltrin-Khalturina, ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2205-9444, Doctor of Philological Sciences, PhD in English (USA), Leading Researcher at the A.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of the RAS, Moscow, Russia E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org