The editorial office of the journal «Vestnik of Kostroma State University» responsibly approaches the scientific reputation maintenance problem; in its activity, it is guided by the Committee of Publication Ethics recommendations; the experience of authoritative international journals and publishing houses is considered.
The editorial board does not allow materials the content of which is in the Russian Federation barred from publication in law. The decision on publication of an article is made only on the basis of reviewing, and on the basis of research's scientific importance assessment.
Originality and literary piracy
All articles sent to editorial board are checked by «ANTI-PLAGIARISM» system. The article's authors shall guarantee that they have written an original work; use of other authors' materials is to be properly marked with references or specified in the text.
Submission of the same manuscript in more than one journal simultaneously is inadmissible.
Investigations' content and results requirements
Articles' authors bear responsibility for accuracy of the data provided and the results obtained. Representation of obviously false facts is considered violation of the ethical code.
All persons who have made a significant contribution to the article creation shall be specified as coauthors. Work's author shall guarantee that the final version of article and its representation for the publication have been approved by all coauthors.
Work's financing sources, form of third-party financing (grants, subsidies, donations) shall be specified in article.
Decision on publication
The editor-in-chief makes the decision on which of the works provided to the journal's editorial office should be published. The editor-in-chief of the journal carries out intellectual qualification of the provided works, according to their contents, but without taking into account race, sex, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnicity, nationality or political views.
Typescript readers' liability
- determination if material stated in article corresponds to the journal's profile
- article contents' topicality assessment, determination of importance of the stated ideas and research results
- observation if materials' design meets the requirements set by the journal
- assessment of research data and results completeness and reliability
- material statement accuracy characteristic and description clarity
- control of article stylistics observance
- summing up concerning the article, if necessary – description of commentary for improvement
Typescript readers' participating in decision-making concerning the publication
The reviewing procedure helps the editor-in-chief with making decision on the publication. Any work taken cognisance is considered to be a confidential document. Works are not subject to demonstration and discussion with other persons, except for persons authorised by the editor.
Reviews should be objective. Digging at the author, i.e. making personal remarks about the author, is unacceptable. Reviewers are obliged to express clearly their opinion and to support it with strictly scientific arguments.
Disclosure of information and conflict of interests
A reviewer undertakes to refuse consideration of article in the presence of a conflict of interests. Unpublished materials which work, transferred to reviewing, contains cannot be used in the reviewer's researches without written consent of the author. Confidential information obtained in the course of reviewing is not subject to disclosure, nor use in private interests.
Editorial office workers' liability
- to treat the author and its work with respect
- to carry on all talk with authors in gentle, correct tone
- not to do preferences to authors of a certain race, sex and any other qualities relevant to reliability of the provided data and the work's scientific importance
- to provide involvement of competent reviewers, if necessary performing their replacement
- to keep the editorial secret, i.e. without the author's written consent not to disclose information on process of work on article and on its contents, without the the author's permission not to allow to read author's material to someone, except the journal's reviewers
RETRACTION OF ARTICLES
The grounds for retraction the article are gross violations of scientific and publishing ethics, which include significant plagiarism, fabrication or falsification of data, etc.
The retraction is a mechanism of correction of published information and notification of readers about articles containing such serious flaws or erroneous data that cannot be trusted. Invalidity of data can be the result of honest mistake or conscious violations.
An article can be retracted by the author(s), publisher or editor of the journal.
In the event that the author or authors refuse to retract the article, the publisher has the right to retract the article without their consent, since publisher bears the responsibility for the contents of the journal.